Heart of Haute Blog
The Super Spy Dress in Navy Before we changed our name from Heartbreaker Fashion to Heart of Haute, Teer reviewed quite a few of our dresses and separates. Read Teer's previous blog post where she reviews the Hilary Dress, Tara Top, Beverly Dress & Monte Carlo Dress. Also read Teer's first blog post featuring Heart of Haute where she reviews the Marilyn Tee, Vogue Pencil Skirt, & Super Spy Dress. The Monte Carlo Dress in Lake Want more Teer? Follow her on Facebook, Tumblr, & Twitter, Teer Wayde is represented by Bella Models, and can be contacted at her official website www.TeerWayde.com <3 Ali for HoH <3
Hey there Haute Honeys! Hope you are all enjoying the first month of the year! We've been busy bees here making tons of new products, and revamping the favorites with fresh & fun fabrics! Let's talk all about them...It's finally here! The long awaited 'It's Raining Cats' print has made it onto the Matey Dress, Ella Top, and Moxie Skirt by Mandie Bee. I just can't resist these adorable topsy turvy felines. Mandie Bee's collection is form fitting for a gorgeous silhouette, and remember the Moxie Skirt & Matey Dress are slightly shorter than the rest of the Heart of Haute products! A perfect fit for you flirty rockabilly babes to accessorize with your favorite ballet flats if you're running around all day, or a great pair of pumps for a night out! If you're not a cat lady, don't fret - we are on the lookout for a just as cute puppy print for all the dog mamas out there! The Amanda Dress is one of those timeless dresses that make a unique addition to any retro-loving gal's wardrobe. It's a vintage inspired dress that fits like a dream, and this particular print is just gorgeous. A striking tableau of cerulean, dark blue and bright white flowers with spectacular detailing. This sophisticated floral print is eye-catching and flattering on all skin tones. Florance is a one of a kind print, it reminds me of picnics in the meadow, a fun, flirty date maybe? Especially when on the Beverly Dress, oh Bev is such a flirt! The fabulous Florance print is an array of teeny tiny blue and red flowers. Also available in the popular Sweetie Dress and the Amanda Dress. I think they are best accessorized with the Pinup Couture Wicker Purse in black. I can't resist that adorable dainty fruit charm! Winter Blossom is sure to make any lady the belle of the ball! Stunning shimmery ice blue with golden florets that glisten as your skirt twirls. Sound too good to be true? It only seems like a dream, but it's the truth! It reminds me a little of an ice fairy, but really it's a piece that can work in any season. The fabric has a bit of a pearly sheen to it also, so if you're keen on standing out in a crowd, this dress is sure to make you shine your brightest. Also available in the Amanda Dress for those gals who don't like halters. Just as a reminder dear Haute Honeys - join us on Facebook through the end of January as we are doing another Test Kitchen. That's where we show you all the new prints and styles we've been working on and get your opinions on which we should keep! As always we really appreciate your feedback! Here's just a little sneaky peeky of what could be coming your way! It's up to you! <3 Ali for HoH <3
The Maybeline Dress (shown below in Purple Stripe and Blue Stripe) is the perfect dress for your next BBQ, beach party, or even a night out at the local county fair. This sleeveless dress, with adjustable straps, is perfect for those hot summer days and warm summer nights. The Maybeline Dress even has pockets (and who doesn't love a dress with pockets?!)
Model: Stephanie WeberSummertime is known for concert season! Headed to go see your favorite artist or band? Whether you're off to see a hot act at the Hollywood Bowl, or the LA Philharmonic at the Walt Disney Hall, you'll be a show stopper wearing the Regina Dress (shown below in Purple Sugar Stripe.) It's just casual enough to be comfortable, but dressy enough for any special occasion. (If you're anything like me, fantastic live music is always a special occasion!) For a fancier venue, dress it up with your favorite pumps, or keep it simple, and more on the casual side, with a cute pair of ballet flats.
Model: Dollie Deville (www.therockabillysocialite.com)My favorite part about summer is that it stays light out later into the evening. Take advantage of the extra sunshine and show off the Vee Dress. Reflect the blue summer skies in the Blue Sugar Stripe fabric (shown below.) This dress has pockets, also! (Have I sold you on the pockets yet, ladies?)
Model: Dollie Deville (www.therockabillysocialite.com)Step into the sunshine and off to your next adventure while showing off your fabulous sense of style with our new Stripes Collection. Don't forget the sunscreen!
Models: Stephanie Weber (left,) Dollie Deville (right, www.therockabillysocialite.com)With Love & No Regrets, Katrina Marie =^.^=
The country girl is a staple of mid century pin up imagery. The sweet and sexy rural cowgirl is an icon of American style. Often dressed in gingham, denim, bandanas, and a cowboy hat, it is a look that combines innocence and toughness. A general fascination with the American West has been an enduring staple of international pop culture.
Western films have been popular since the era of silent movies, but they had a surge in popularity in the 1940s and 1950s. Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Russell and many others starred in Western films - pinup images from these movies were popular during World War II. Soldiers and Sailors got tattooed with the image of the sexy cowgirl, a motivation for and reminder of home in the American countryside. In addition, as cities and suburbs grew, I think that many people felt a fascination with and idealization of the "good old days."
Whether you are going to the "Hulabilly" themed Tiki Oasis, or just looking for some vintage American summertime style, we have the unique - and American made - pieces that can make your retro look! For a complete outfit, try our Sweetie sundress in all American gingham or the Peggy Sue Dress in picnic-perfect ketchup and mustard prints.
Our Heart of Haute halter tops will help you create the ideal country heat. Available in many colors and patterns, including the bandana-influenced Annie print. Our Ellie Tie Top in red gingham or Mustard picnic print has a sweet, cropped casual look with a little more coverage than a halter. Don't forget our matching headbands and bows! Our Gretta gingham blouses will bring a Western element to any outfit - even at the office! Our Gigi tee - in white or black - matches perfectly with our print skirts or your cowgirl jeans - right out of Jane Russell's "The Outlaw" wardrobe!
- Bring more than one bathing suit. A lot of the events are poolside, and you don't want to be pulling on a soggy suit after a midnight dip in the Ocean. A stylish swimsuit cover up, like our quick drying Knotty Dress, is also a must.
- At the Hukilau, the Mai Kai can be quite warm inside. I like a cocktail dress that will still keep me cool. The Sweetie Dress in Hip Kitty has an authentic vintage shape, and a print that will help you stand out in the sea of floral aloha wear. Get to the Mai Kai with plenty of time before your dinner show reservation to enjoy the gardens and the great happy hour prices in the Molokai Bar. The Moonkist Coconut is my favorite drink.
- The Paradise Dress has a great retro wiggle dress shape in a perfect tropical pattern, with a faux sarong front that ties at the waist.
- There is a lot of standing, dancing, and walking around. I like wedges for just a little more comfort.
- Tiki Oasis has a theme each year - for 2013, it's "Hulabilly." For this mix of Hawaiian and country rockabilly style, bring our Ellie Tie Front Top in Red Gingham, a sweet Heart of Haute top, or gingham headbands and hair bows. Our best selling Sweetie Dress comes in red, blue, olive, and black gingham - the perfect fit for this "Hawaiian Hootenanny."
- Accessories! These parties are not the time to be subtle. I always bring tons of hair flowers, sunglasses, and jewelry. A few extra to loan to your best friend is always a good plan.
- I don't actually stay at the official Hukilau hotel(s). I like the Best Western Oceanside. It's right next door and has a cute little pool and free breakfast.
- Don't overdo it! Take a nap every afternoon and alternate drinks with water. Have some snacks in your room and wear sunscreen.