If you are searching for ideas for your 2016 Mardi Gras outfit, you can't go wrong with gold, green, and purple. These three official Mardi Gras colors are everywhere - and we have amazing options for you that feature them.
During Mardi Gras, or carnival, lots of people are dressed in their best - and wildest! There are costume contests everywhere in the city, so don't be afraid to wear something that gets a lot of attention. That said, the French Quarter can get crowded and messy at this time, so make sure you are comfortable - and read these Mardi Gras tips!
Here are our picks for amazing, vintage-inspired 2016 Mardi Gras looks:
- Sparkle in Gold: Try our Marie dress in a shimmering gold and turquoise patterned fabric, or the luminous Copper Allure fabric in our sexy Sweetie dress, the pin-up worthy Serena dress, or our Circle Skirt. Looking for something with a black base? Try our Sweetie Dress in Copper Stars, or the Monique Dress in Gold Rings.
- Shimmer in Separates: Try the Best Frocks Forever Circle Skirt (created in partnership with Pinup Girl Clothing's Pinup Couture) in Metro Metallic Gold. This full circle skirt is a touch shorter than our other Heart of Haute circle skirts - great for petites, or just a sassy look! It may get cool while you are partying outdoors, so pack our Sweet Sweater in the new Gold Sparkle.
- Demure Daytime Looks: Our purple and green Phoebe Paisley or Garden Royale print Amanda dress is perfect for daytime sight-seeing. Show your sweet Southern style in our Beverly Dress in Hydrangeas, or our Monique Dress in Ava Rose Blue.
- Almost Sold Out: Nothing says New Orleans like the iconic Fleur Di Lis, and we have just a few Monique dresses left in our striking Gold Fleur Di Lis fabric. These are almost sold out, so grab one now for Mardi Gras 2016! Our gathered Gypsy Skirt in an ornate metallic Medallion print is also almost gone.
- Peacocks on Royal Street: Will you be strolling down Royal street our Peacock Royale print? Stand out in the French Quarter in a dress or skirt in the best-selling print. Instant costume when combined with a peacock feather Mardi Gras mask!
- Crescent City Shopping: Don't forget to leave a little room in your suitcase for all of the great shopping, both in the French Quarter and on Magazine Street. Check out Dollz and Dames, A Girl Is A Gun, and pick up some extras for your carnival costume at Trashy Diva.
Even if you are just heading to a local Fat Tuesday party, Heart of Haute has you covered with loads of choices for festive carnival style - with a retro touch. If you wear Heart of Haute for Mardi Gras, don't forget to tag yourself as a #hautehoney - we love seeing your looks!