Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, Heart of Haute fans! Have you got your plans in order? If not, don’t fret! We’ve got some unique and fun Valentine date ideas to make this year’s Valentine’s Day one to remember. Whether you’re the adventurous couple that loves a thrill or whether you’re the laid back couple that prefers pampering, you’ll find something for you on this list.
1. Picnic in the ParkIt’s a classic stand by date that has stood the test of time. But by no means is this the brown bag picnics you remember from your childhood! Make it special by dusting off your Julia Child Cookbook or visiting one of your favorite cooking websites to whip up a delectable picnic basket of goodies and head out to your favorite park. Not big on cooking? Go to one of your favorite restaurants and ask if you can order the meal to go! Lay out a pretty blanket to snuggle up on and sprinkle with rose petals to make it extra special. Most parks don’t allow open flames, but you can still set a romantic mood with battery operated candles from any home store. And don’t forget the cherry on top—The Fresh Cherry that is. Shown in our lovely Sweetie Dress, the Fresh Cherry Print in Blue is sure to keep your picnic sweet as can be!
2. Dining CruiseIf you live nearby a port city, try going on a dining cruise! Many companies such as Hornblower Cruises, Yacht Starship Cruises, and Argosy Cruises offer Dinner and Dancing out of various cities such as San Diego, Newport Beach, New York, and San Francisco to name a few. They also have champagne brunches on weekends that tend to book up fast. Cruises typically stay within the harbor which makes for smooth sailing under the stars. And what better way to say, “Anchors away!” than with Heart of Haute’s Sailor Dress? But be careful, when your honey sees you in this fabulous number, he might just fall ‘overboard’ in love with you!
3. Hiking and Bungee Jumping ExcursionIf you’re the couple that likes to seek thrills, then this is the date for you! If you are in the L.A. area, you can book your 5 mile hike up the Azusa Canyon to the famous Bridge to Nowhere and after a short Bungee Jumping instruction, the fun begins! Don’t live near L.A? Don’t worry! Many places offer hiking and bungee jumping packages for people seeking extraordinary experiences. And if you still find yourself out of luck, then you can always go on a great hike at a local trail and skip the bungee jumping.
4. Dark DiningDining in the dark is a fun experience that takes your taste buds and your imagination to a whole new level. It’s a unique dining opportunity that has hit most major cities around the world.
5. Take a Cooking ClassLearning something new together can be a great bonding experience! Try your hand at making sushi, or French Cuisine. Check out the chance to take a cooking class together and brew up a storm of romance in the kitchen!
6. Murder Mystery Dinner Theater
It’s a little corny, but we love it! Think “Who Done it?” but for adults. Enjoy a great meal and an entertaining show. Make a playful bet to see who can spot out the killer! And what better way to make your entrance as a mysterious dinner guest than in Heart of Haute’s charming Vanessa Wiggle Dress?
7. A Day at the SpaIf your sweetie is game, then maybe a day spa is the date for you. Couples massages, relaxation, a little aromatherapy… sounds blissful.
8. A Burlesque Show
Burlesque Clubs are popping up all over, so why not let loose and pop in for a peek?!
9. Beach BonfireGet warm and cozy in the sand and let the heat of a blazing fire and the soft lapping of the waves set the mood. Don’t forget the s’mores and you’ll be in for a sweet treat!
10. Take a Swing Dancing ClassWork on your moves together by signing up for dance classes! Many cities offer classes in a fun atmosphere like the Atomic Ballroom in Irvine. Once you’ve got the hang of it, get ready to step out onto that dance floor in Heart of Haute’s Beverly Dress. With its full swing skirt and variety of print options, you’ll leave the dance floor smokin’! Donna Heart of Haute Contributor For information on any of these dates at an area near you visit the following websites: www.cloud9living.com http://www.esquire.com/the-side/feature/fun-cheap-date-ideas#slide-8 www.atomicballroom.com www.hornblowercruises.com www.thedinnerdetective.com