Posted on April 15 2013
Hello Heart of Haute Fans! Mandie Bee here. I've been busy buzzing around getting things done over here at HoH HQ this Spring. I've been meaning to post this blog entry for a while because I wanted to share my experience working with one of my favorite models! During Viva Las Vegas, my crew of lady friends (Katrina, Tara, and Sabina) and I were busy preparing for a quick photo shoot with the darling and dreamy Teer Wayde of Melbourne, Australia. Teer has been a fan of Heart of Haute for years and we've been a fan of hers! In her blog, Curves to Kill, she shares her favorite finds as well as product reviews from various fashion lines. We are happy and honored to be among the brands she favors and reviews! While I was having my makeup done by Sabina (because I was also shooting that day), I had a ton of questions for Teer. So, I had a verbal interview with her as my eyelash glue was drying. It was kind of comical talking to her with one eye nearly glued shut, but I guess that's my way of doing things. Casual, short, and sweet. I personally wanted to know about her and get her opinion on a few things as well. So here are some fun facts about Teer:
- She enjoys Celtic Punk music.
- She started her blog 3 years ago after numbers of people would e-mail her with questions about where she got her outfits for photo shoots. She thought it would be simpler and more effective to blog about the products she shoots in, that way the companies would receive recognition and her fans would get some great info, too!
- She loves Heart of Haute for our fit and overall quality. She says she adores the Ella top because the buttons don't pucker over her bust. Yes! A button-up blouse for busty ladies? It's true.
- Teer is also recognized as a plus size model and reminds us that beauty should never be associated with a dress size. She says she is definitely a promoter of healthy body image. Love your curves, girls!
- Her advice to ladies of all sizes? Girl. Wear what you want. If you've got it, show it off and be proud of yourself.