At Heart of Haute, we always look forward to Halloween, and the creative costume ideas that our Haute Honeys assemble using our clothing. Those of us who love vintage style often incorporate it into our costumes (or maybe you dress up as a "normal girl" a la Dita Von Teese). We know that many of you live for Halloween, and have been working on your costume for weeks. However, if you are still searching for inspiration with Halloween less than a week away, here are a few ideas that you can pull off with what is already in your closet and makeup bag:
- Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice: Do a gender swap with yourself in stripes, or style a red dress as Lydia. A formal dress, some body paint, and a beehive will make you into Miss Argentina.
- Vintage Flight Attendant: Try a fitted blue suit, a hat, gloves, and a vintage-inspired suitcase as a purse.
- Devil With a Blue Dress On: All you need is a blue dress, horns, a tail, and a name tag that says "Miss Molly." Bonus point if you can sing (or lip sync for your life) to the classic song.
- Shop In-Person: It is too late to order from Heart of Haute for Halloween 2015, but check out our many retailers for the chance to get what you need in-person. If you are in Arizona, be sure to visit our Halloween-obsessed retailer Kitten Retro Glamour.
- French Kiss: Black and white stripes, a beret, makeup, and 3 friends are all you need. Going solo? Take this costume to the next level as French Maid Kiss.
- Dia De Los Muertos: The Day of the Dead is a holiday celebrated in Mexico, and increasingly in the United States. Friends and family gather to remember and pray for those who have passed away. Items associated with this holiday are the flowers that are used to decorated cememteries and altars, and the calavera, or skull. The imagery from Dia De Los Muertos has been combined with Mexican or Spanish dresses to create a popular costume.