Heart of Haute Blog
This Weekend, we're wheelin' out the racks for your shopping delight! Be sure to stop by!
What is Dapper Day??? Read all about it and the wonderful events that occur during this magical weekend....
FALL 2015 DISNEYLAND CA
• "DAPPER DAY at the Parks: Fall 2015" Fri Sept 18 Dress your best while visiting both parks of the Disneyland Resort with 20,000+ other fashionable guests!
As a Dapper Day tradition we enjoy an afternoon group ride on the classic Mark Twain Riverboat (a "Mark Twain Mixer" if you will), and after sundown gather for a "Dapper Derby," taking a spin on the Carousel. (To avoid park congestion we're no longer posting specific times for in-park meet-ups, and we do not organize group photos in the parks.) NOTE: Riverboat will close around 4:45, parts of Fantasyland and the carousel will close before and during the Fireworks). Disneyland is scheduled to close at midnight, Disney California Adventure at 10p*
• FOLLY: Our Official After Party, Fri Sept 18 Dance the night away with multiple rooms of live music! Featured entertainment by Jonathan Stout and His Campus Five feat. Hilary Alexander, Marc Gasway & Alex Burke, and DJ Sean Patrick. 9:30p-2a upstairs at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney, Anaheim CA.
FOLLY is 21+, BUY TICKETS $15 advance online or $20 at the door.
• DAPPER DAY EXPO Sept 18-19, Fri noon-8p, Sat 11a-8p FREE, Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall Shop our Expo marketplace featuring everything for stylish, sophisticated living from vintage and contemporary clothing and accessories, to bath and beauty products, and beyond. Authentic tintype photos will also be created on-site via our new vendor TinTypeBooth.com Join us for live music each afternoon! New DAPPER DAY merchandise will be available exclusively at the Expo!
• DAPPER DAY Expo EARLY BIRD ENTRY Ticket 11am-NOON Fri Sept 18 BUY TICKETS HERE
- One Hour of Pre-Opening Expo Shopping of over 50 vendors.
- Complimentary continental Breakfast, Coffee, Tea, & Juice.
- Free Limited Edition “DAPPER DAY Early Bird” Pin Designed by Jerrod Maruyama
• CHARLES PHOENIX RETRO DISNEYLAND SLIDE SHOW: DAPPER DAY EDITION! Saturday September 19, 12-NOON , AMC Theaters Downtown Disney, Anaheim BUY TICKETS HERE
Join DAPPER DAY favorite, pop culture humorist and author Charles Phoenix as he sweeps us away on a fun-filled adventure using actual "found" guest slides from the early days of Disneyland when every visit was a day worth dressing for!
• Announcing our first DAPPER DAY CAR SHOW! Sat Sept 19 Disneyland Hotel Located just steps from our DAPPER DAY Expo, our free DAPPER DAY Car Show celebrates classic style and refined design from the past to the present. With our theme "Arrive in Style!," this showcase of exotics and classics, from Model T’s to Lamborghinis, will delight guests of all ages. DAPPER DAY Car Show will be open for public viewing during event hours 11a-5p Sat Sept 19, no ticket required. Hot Dogs, ice cream treats, and other refreshments will be available from Disney. See our CAR SHOW page for vehicle registration.
SPECIAL RATES FOR HOTELS AND PARK TICKETS
PARK TICKETS Disney has offered us special convention-rate print-at-home Disneyland Resort park tickets for this event you can only PURCHASE ONLINE HERE, in advance. Tickets are valid for admission from September 13, 2015 through September 24, 2015. The last day to purchase tickets online is September 16, 2015 by 9:00 PM PST. As this is not a private event, regular passes and admission may be used as usual.
If you're joining us for our Fall 2015 events, you may book nights at the Disneyland Resort Hotels with these very special rates.*
Book online here or call Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005 M-F 8-5 and request the "Dapper Day Group Rate" or email: DLR.CONVENTION.GROUPS @ DISNEY.COM
*After our reserved block of rooms sells out, discounted rooms may still be available but at a slightly less-discounted rate depending on the hotel/night.
See our FAQ for other questions.
Haute Honey and friend of Heart of Haute Ashley of Southern California Belle reviews one of our new Monique Dresses on her blog!
Here's what she had to say about the Monique Dress in 'Doilie Aqua' -
"I don't know if you've been on the Heart of Haute website lately, but there have been lots of fun changes! The site itself had a facelift and it's now really easy to navigate. I love how I can find all the prints of a certain style with the click of a button! They've also released a bunch of new styles and cute novelty prints just in time for summer. Have you seen the teal and navy Magic pieces? I pretty much need them all!
This dress is the classic and very versatile Monique cut. It's a fitted bodice with a bateau neckline and an a-line skirt. While I am wearing an underskirt, this dress looks wonderful without one. The cotton is very light and comfortable to wear. The best part? All of the Heart of Haute lines are made here in the USA! They also take custom orders, so I'm planning on getting a few mommy and me dresses made in the near future. If you're planning on purchasing from their site, use the coupon code "Haute10" for 10% off!"
Want more Ashley? Follow her on:
Phoenix based Pinup Photographer and long-time-darling friend, Tara O, is making her way to Sunny California yet again to capture the beauties we have in our sprawling land. Care to take a stab at Pinup modeling? Need a fun NEW never-shot-in-before Tiki themed location? Book this shoot! I'll be there, too ;) All bookings will also be entered in a drawing to win a Heart of Haute dress of their choice, up to a $120 value. Whoa! Yeah, I know. I wont enter the drawing, though.
To set up an appointment, please contact Tara directly at : Tara@taraophotos.com And if you're in need of some Tiki Tiki dresses, let's take a gander at some of the styles HoH has to offer!
Hope to see you there! Aloha!
With Love and No Regrets,
Mandie BeeFollow Heart of Haute's board Tiki Style from Heart of Haute on Pinterest.
You may have noticed a beautiful new face adorning the HoH website and instagram feed lately.... Well she's a blonde bombshell who spends her days portraying every pinup's idol Miss Marilyn Monroe at the very fun Universal Studios Hollywood! Check out our interview with this lovely lady.
1. Tell us 5 fun facts about yourself! - I play a dead hollywood icon at Universal Studios, Hollywood! - I'm obsessed with Chipotle - all my friends know to give me a Chipotle gift card for my b-day. - My favorite movie is 'A League of Their Own' and I can quote the whole thing! - I have a weakness for men in nice suits. (like Jimmy Fallon , and Roger Sterling from 'Mad Men') - I have a good sense of humor and love meeting people with one too, most of my friends should be on SNL!
2. How does vintage inspired fashion make you feel? -Vintage inspried fashion makes me feel unique and classy - you don't find many women dressing like this today, and when I do decide to dress vintage when I go out I will always receive a compliment from a stranger, and not a man but usually a fellow woman! Once I got hired as Marilyn at Universal Studios I had to become familiar with all her movies and any documentation there was on her, and when I was researching I fell in love with the classic old hollywood world of glamour. Not only did I love Marilyn but I started looking up other famous movie stars from the era and became fascinated with their style and history. My top girls are Betty Grable, Lana Turner, Anita Ekberg, Hedy Lamar and Rita Hayworth. These women shaped me, I wanted to look like them, act like them, and I quickly found other people shared the same interests with modern takes on the era.. then I found clothing stores, models & burlesque performers and I just can't get enough! I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love companies like Heart of Haute who are keeping the classic glamourous style and fashion alive!
3. Have you always been confident in your curves? -Curves, what curves? Haha! In highschool I was flat everywhere and skinny - flat enough to play checkers on. But after going through the awkward stage I found role models with the same body type as me like Gwen Stefani, who I thought were gorgeous! I took lil bits and pieces of what they dressed like and made it my own. Plus now I can thank Chipotle for the little butt it gave me - still getting used to that! :p
4. What are your top 5 favorite Heart of Haute pieces? - Only 5??!
- I'll start with the Hilda Dress - the little puff sleeves always make my arms look good and my waist look smaller!
- the Marseilles Dress in Baby Blue Sateen - It makes me feel like Cinderella! Good for disney-bounding!
- The Gigi Tee is a very sexy top and I feel a bit like Wanda Woodward from 'CryBaby'- who I adore!
- Super Spy Dress in Black - it's mysterious, tight-fitting and classic. I feel like scatting while wearing it!
- My favorite piece is the Diva Suit in Ivory - I have never felt more like Lana Turner in my life. It's great for business yet so well fitted, and comfy!
5. What are your goals for your modeling career? - I want to continue my modeling career for as long as I can! I enjoy it too much and the clothes - oh you can never go wrong! Vintage fashion will always be in style I like meeting people in this field who've got similar interests and getting to see their individual take on it.
OMG SHOES! Our Spring 2015 picks from the officially licensed Bettie Page shoes are available and ready for you to mix and match with your favorite Heart of Haute dresses.
FLATS! The 'Elsa' slightly wedged flat is perfectly pastel (or basic black) and is so cutesy! Adorned with scalloped detail, an adorable bow, and peep toe! SO CUTE!
Feeling a little sassy? The Dawn peep-toe heel has heart cut-outs, and a platform and ankle strap for comfort.
And finally.... the 'Allison' closed toe slingback heel! So cute - for work, a wedding, date night.
Haute Honey Rachel Jensen of Chicago Chic reviews her favorite Heart of Haute dresses and separates!
If you're a pinup lover and have an instagram you've probably seen some photos of this gorgeous doll floating around your feed! This curvaceous lady is Rachel Jenson of the popular Chicago Chic Blog. She reviews the most glamorous of clothing companies, including Wheels & Dollbaby, and Dita Von Teese. We collaborated with this lovely lady and couldn't believe how beautiful her photos are! Her corseted curves and porcelain complexion make a beautiful silhouette for our pieces! Check her out in the Estelle Top in Black:
Topped off with matching Lil Lou Lou hair bows! This dress in Red Gingham is perfect for Valentine's day! And a classic spring choice. Rachel takes our spring classic and makes it fantastic!
Have you heard about the Heart of Haute Sale Rack? It's a magical land where all the sample dresses, phase-outs and slightly damaged or irregular items go! We offer these items to you honeys at a discounted price!
Every once in a while when we're feeling like a little spring cleaning, we have a clearance sale! This weekend only get an extra 30% off when you use coupon code: FEB30 !
Shop by Size: